Where are applications running?
The hosting option depends on the type of application.
- User applications and service applications can be run on
- Dedicated or virtualized server(s) within the logistics mall Infrastructure (logistics mall hosted).
- Somewhere in the cloud (Cloud hosted)
- logistics mall apps must be run within the logistics mall Infrastructure and are integrated in the application server of the Customer Acess Framework (CAF) (CAF hosted)
- Mobile apps are run on a mobile device (Device hosted).
Hosting Options per Application Type
|User application||Service application||logistics mall app||Mobile app|
|logistics mall hosted||X||X||X|
logistics mall hosted
The ISV defines the environment performance parameters of the virtual machine( VM) like CPU, RAM, Storage, Backup and delivers a VM template during the on-boarding process.
The logistics mall operator delivers a VM based on this template on request of the ISV, e.g. each time a customer has purchased an instance of an application at the Business AppStore. The VM will be put into operation within the logistics mall Infrastructure at the data center of the logistics mall operator.
The ISV configures the VM to the customers needs.
The ISV is hosting the application somewhere (requirements are discussed during the on-boarding process), e.g. in his own data center.
The application will be put into operation by the ISV after a customer has purchased an instance of an application at the Business AppStore. The logistics mall Operator enables a link to this application on notice of the ISV.
logistics mall apps do require a predefined environment. Thus, they are hosted within the logistics mall infrastructure. The logistics mall operator puts the app into operation within the Customer Acess Framework (CAF) of the customer after a customer has purchased an instance of an application at the Business AppStore.
The customer downloads the app to his mobile device and puts the application into operation on its own. Configuration if needed is done by the customer, too.